Saturday 4 May 2013

Kraftyhands May Card Challenge

Hi there,
I can't believe we're into May already, this year seems to be flying by. Anyway, here we are with the May challenge over on the Kraftyhands Challenge. This month the theme is Flower Frenzy. Click here  and it will take you to the inspiration from the rest of the Design Team and the rules.

Here is my inspiration. I decided rather than make a card, I would make a box. The lid has been decorated as a flower garden.


For this project, I used the Sunshine and Smiles Cd rom. The box lid is a light green flower backing paper form the Cd. It is quite difficult to see from this photograph, but I have cut some flowers out from another piece of the same backing paper and decoupaged the flowers onto those on the lid. To make them a little different from the rest, I coloured the centres with a Spectrum Noir pen - CG1.
In order to have some extra support for the picket fence which I cut from white card using the Pot Pourri Cricut cartridge, I used one of the ribbon borders from the cd and fixed this around the top of the box, the picket fence was then just fixed to the inside of this.
 
 
I covered the join using a similar coloured ribbon from my stash.

The flower pots and flowers were taken from the decoupage section on the cd, decoupaged up and then fixed to the picket fence to make them stand straight. The two in the middle have been fixed using  a piece of card to make a stand for each. The sides of the picket fence have been decorated with a climbing vine which was also cut from the Pot Pourri Cricut cartridge and then fixed to the fence.

To hide where the ribbon joined at the front, I made a rosette from some of the spotty backing paper from the cd and fixed one of the sentiments from the border section onto the centre.


I fixed a ladybird to the top of the lid for added effect.

It would have been my Dad's 83rd birthday today, sadly he passed away 3 years ago, so this is for  him as he loved gardening and growing flowers. Happy Birthday, Dad. Miss you lots.

Hope to see your entry in the challenge.

Take care
Wendy xx

13 comments:

Linda Simpson said...

WOW Wendy this is stunning!!! I love it.

Hugs
Linda xxx

Andree said...

A fantastic project Wendy. I love the rosette and the little ladybird is so cute.
Treasure your precious memories of your Dad (hugs) x

Shirley-Anne said...

AWESOME . Wendy , this is thinking outside the box!! oh hang on it is a box ..LOL
All the detailing is amazing , love all the smiley faces , the rosette and the fence of course .
hugs Shirley-Anne

Wendy H said...

Thank you for your kind comments, ladies. xx

Ian said...

Love love love the card. It makes me want to do some gardening. xx

Janice said...

And I'm sure your Dad would love it! What a super floral project, so beautifully created and decorated. Love the ladybird and rosette flower. Brilliant, Jx

Sue B said...

Oh Wow! this is So beautiful Wendy… what a wonderful garden scene!! I love all the little details… the flowers are so cute and pretty and I love the picket fence….Ooh your dad would have loved this… you have done him proud!!
Hope you're having a nice weekend!
Big hugs
Sue xx

Laney said...

WOW! what a fabulous box Wendy!!and so cheery too,a lot of work but so worth it....amazing !!
hugs
laney

jane stillman said...

What a brilliant project, love the smiley flowers and rosette

Gwyneth said...

What a fab way to decorate a box. Your design is so eye catching and summery.

Donna Ellis said...

oh my! it can be the "wrapping" for a gift, and then used afterward by the recipient! Wow! It's darling, Wendy, and very pretty colors, too! Terrific project! hugs, de

Shell Shearer Swinscoe said...

Oh WOW! this is stunning love it!
Hugs Shell xx

Lindsay Craftymonster81 said...

Brilliant, love the dimension to it and the lady bgu is the perfect finishing touch
Lindsay xx