Sunday, 27 January 2013

Miranda and Mo in the garden

Hi crafters,
I hope you're having a good weekend.
Today, I thought I would show you the card I made yesterday which I didn't photograph until today as I thought it would be too dark. I apologise for the photographs today, they were taken in daylight and looked great on the camera screen but look dark on here!!
For this card I used Miranda and Mo Cd from Kraftyhands. Its the first time I've used it and there are lots of lovely toppers and backgrounds etc on there. I thought as it was the first card I have published for Kraftyhands, I would use a sketch as I seem to be getting in a rut with my layouts. So I chose one from a site on Feline Playful. However, the card I used was a 6x6 and for the items I wanted to use, they wouldn't fit the sketch so I changed it a little, but it doesn't matter because I wasn't going to enter it into that particular challenge anyway!!
I matted a blue polka dot backing paper onto silver mirri and placed this on my card blank. I intended to decoupage the topper and cut it out and stuck it together with Pinflair. However, what I didn't realise was that the two toppers on the sheet that I printed out weren't meant to go together AND then fix the decoupage on. The decoupage was meant to fit on the larger topper!! Mmm - I'll know next time. It's all a learning curve!
So mark 2 - I fixed the smaller topper onto the larger topper using 3d foam pads. This was matted onto silver mirri. Using my Cricut machine and the Plantin Schoolbook cartridge, I cut a circle in the dotty flower backing paper and a slightly larger one in silver mirri. There is a decorative band on the sheet which I cut out and before I matted this onto silver mirri, I cut out the wings on some of the butterflies so that they stood proud of the band. There is also faux stitching on the top and bottom of the band.
I then fixed this to the card using 3d foam pads, and then fixed the topper over the circle and then onto the backing paper. I used a 'Happy Birthday' sentiment from the set, matted this onto silver mirri and cut this out free hand. In thetop right hand corner, I placed 3 blue Kard Kandy buttons.
Inside, I added an insert to finish it off. 
I would like to enter this card into the following challenges:-
LEJ Designs - stitching real or faux - (Faux stitching is on top and bottom of band)
Try it on Tuesday - Lets get stitchy real or faux - (Faux stitching is on top and bottom of band)
My Craft Creatoins - Flowers and butterflies -

Thank you for calling by and enjoy the rest of your weekend.

Wendy xx