Thursday 24 January 2013

Theatre Card

Hi everyone,
This is another of my DT cards that I did for the Cupcakecrafting 4 day deal last week, featuring 'A Touch of Elegance'. This card was also shown on TV but I think Linda said it was another ladies, but it wasn't, it's mine.

 
I felt that the topper with the curtains lent itself to a theatre card, so that is what I decided to do. I thought it was going to be really difficult but it was alot easier than I expected. I printed a backing paper onto card and concertinaed(?) the sides, so that the front and sides were all in one. I used my Hougie Board to concertina the sides.
 

I put some strips across the inside of the top and bottom to fix the lady and curtains onto. I cut some urns and plants from black card using the Art Nouveau Cricut cartridge and fixed these onto the front of the card so that the aperture didn't look quite as bare. I printed a sentiment - 'Just for you' and cut this out in an oval shape and backed this on black card which was also cut into an oval shape but slightly larger than the sentiment. I coloured it with chalks to try and coordinate it with the backing paper. I think you can just see it in the photograph.
 
 
Thank you for popping over and taking a look. I appreciate it and your comments that you leave.
 
I would like to enter this card into the following challenges:-
Glitternsparkle - Number 16 - Sentimental - http://glitternsparklechallengeblog.blogspot.co.uk/
 
Have agood day.
 
Wendy xx


16 comments:

jane stillman said...

It's a beautiful card, ad a great idea to turn it into a theatre card. Thank you for joining us over at Glitter n Sparkle this week, good luck

Linda Simpson said...

This is gorgeous Wendy, love the image and a great theatre card it is too.

Hugs
Linda xxx

Wendy H said...

Thank you ladies. Xx

Alyx said...

Great theatre card Wendy. Really makes it special.
xx

Unknown said...

This is a wonderful theatre card . I love the dies you have used around the frame xx

craftygranny said...

OOOOh this is gorgeous and i love the theatre effect. Thanks for sharing at glitternsparkle hugs trisha x

Wendy H said...

Thank you ladies. Xx

Andree said...

A fantastic card Wendy and brilliant design. I love the urns x

Wendy H said...

Thank you Andree. Xx

Wendy H said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Fabulous theatre card .xxx

Pinkies Sparkly Creations said...

great card love the image and the sentiment thanks for joining us at glitter n sparkle and good luck emma xx

Unknown said...

This is utterly gorgeous Wendy, just love that image, would love to do one of these theatre cards...xxxx

Wendy H said...

Thank you ladies. Xx

Lela said...

Wow, the dimension is awesome. Great scene, thanks for sharing with us at ABC Challenge Blog this week

Unknown said...

what a wonderful creation! I was looking for some ideas for my current birthday cards project and happen to saw ABC card challenge. Now I got even more inspiration to create my own card! Lovely!